March 17, 2020
Brothers and sisters of FBC Laredo,
By now, I am sure you know of the health emergency sweeping our nation. Once again, I urge you to pray. Commit this matter to God. This is not a time for panic. It is a time for God’s people to rise up and seek God’s face. We have the hope of the gospel and it is in times like these we shine brighter with the hope we have in Jesus Christ.
Having gathered all the current information and in consultation with other church leaders, we are taking the following precautionary measures as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
- All public gatherings, activities, and events hosted on FBC Laredo campus are suspended for two weeks (April 5th). FBC Laredo’s campus will be closed during this time. We will be continually evaluating the situation and listening to the national and local officials.
- Our Sunday Worship gathering will be hosted live through our YouTube channel at regular worship time (11:00 a.m.). Follow this link to go FBC Laredo's youtube channel and subscribe.
- Wednesday Bible Study will be hosted live through our YouTube channel at regular Bible Study time (7:00 p.m.)
- We will be working to facilitate small group meetings on Sunday mornings off-campus for the purpose of Bible Study and watching the live stream worship. Consider attending one of these groups. Pastor Felipe will communicate where the groups are meeting.
- The church office will still be operating, but the office staff will be working from home.
- Mother’s Day Out will not operate during these two weeks.
- Please consider online giving, giving through your bank, or by mail. More about potential ways of worshiping through tithes & offerings will be communicated as details become available.
We recognize the blessing of having multiple languages in which we worship God together. We are working on meeting this challenge. As things develop, we will communicate the details. May God bless you and may the peace of Christ sustain you.
Dr. Benjamin Karner
FBC Laredo Dr.